Click here to view A Notice to Our Subscribers: The New FEMA.gov as a PDF.
From: FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) <email@example.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2020 10:31 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] A Notice to Our Subscribers: The New FEMA.gov
A Notice to Our Subscribers: The New FEMA.gov
As you may have noticed, FEMA.gov has recently gone through recent changes. As a result, the site’s layout and aesthetic has changed considerably. This email’s purpose is to make you aware of where you can locate the information specific to FEMA’s Planning, Safety, and Building Science Division as well as how you can access all our free resources.
Everything pertaining to Building Science Branch, National Dam Safety Program, and the Earthquake & Wind Programs Branch can now be found under Emergency Management & Risk Management. Additionally, all our resources can then be accessed via the numerous publication libraries which can be seen in the right-hand navigation after navigating to one of the main pages:
- Building Science Main Page: https://www.fema.gov/emergency-managers/risk-management/building-science.
- Earthquake Risk Main Page: https://www.fema.gov/emergency-managers/risk-management/earthquake
- Safe Room Main Page: https://www.fema.gov/emergency-managers/risk-management/safe-rooms.
- National Windstorm Impact Reduction Program Main Page: https://www.fema.gov/emergency-managers/risk-management/windstorm-impact-reduction
- Dam Safety Main Page: https://www.fema.gov/emergency-managers/risk-management/dam-safety
- Dam Safety Publications [Under Construction]
Users can then scroll through the resources listed or use the search box at the top of each publication page and type in the title of what you are looking for or an applicable search term.
Example: a homeowner interested in retrofitting their home to protect themselves from the flooding risks posed by hurricane could navigate to the Hurricane Publications page, type in a search term such as home or homeowner to find FEMA P-312: Homeowner’s Guide to Retrofitting (3rd Edition).
Note: users cannot make use of Boolean logic to refine their searches or multiple search terms.
We thank all of our valuable stakeholders for your understanding as we all become acquainted with the site’s new structure.
If you have questions or problems with the subscription service, please contact subscriberhelp.govdelivery.com.
This service is provided to you at no charge by FEMA.