From: FEMA-RMD-Comms <email@example.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 1, 2020 11:05 AM
Subject: July News Flash Article Solicitation
Risk Management Directorate Staff/Colleagues/Partners –
On behalf of Vince Brown, this email serves as a request for articles to include in the July RMD National News Flash, to be published on July 28, 2020.
As a reminder, due to growing interest in our monthly News Flash and a desire to share and repurpose content for external audiences, the News Flash is now subject to External Affairs concurrence.
Please provide any topics and program updates that you wish to share with the broader Risk Management audience, and please follow the guidelines below for article submission. Additionally, if you know of any upcoming events you wish to be highlighted, please include them.
For the News Flash, deadlines and requirements are as follows:
- Please submit articles and/or event information for the July News Flash no later than Tuesday, July 14, 2020.
- Note that, due to a significant increase in monthly submissions, articles sent after the July 14th deadline may be added to next month’s queue. .
- Articles can be submitted to Vincent Brown (Vincent.firstname.lastname@example.org) and copying Annelise Buck (email@example.com) with the subject line July RMD News Flash_[Article Title]_[RMD or FIMA Branch].
- Please ensure your articles are 2-3 paragraphs in length, focused on key takeaways or “soundbites,” and contain all necessary links to additional content or resources as needed.
- Please include a creative title to capture the attention of readers.
- Please include the author’s name and email address.
- Please include a picture as a separate jpg/png and a brief caption with your article submission as needed. Please try and identify any people in the photo for the caption.
- Please ensure that all definable acronyms are spelled out at first use.
- Please be aware that due to the current number of articles the News Flash receives your article may be published in the next issue. If this happens, you will be notified by a member of the News Flash team.
To add, remove, or update email addresses or to receive communications related to the News Flash, including topic solicitation emails, please contact Vincent Brown (Vincent.firstname.lastname@example.org) copying Annelise Buck (email@example.com). If you are receiving this email, you are already on this distribution list.
- To manage your e-mail subscription to the RMD National News Flash, including being added to the distribution list, please visit the GovDelivery site here.
– Vincent Brown
Vincent J. Brown
Senior Program Specialist
Risk Management Directorate
Federal Insurance and Mitigation Administration
Office 202 646-2725
Mobile 202 365-5338