This committee will foster connections between hazard mitigation and adaptation communities of practice to help enhance local community resilience to extreme weather and a changing climate. NHMA is collaborating with the Center for Clean Air Policy on these issues.
- · Understand the problem. Highlight gaps and overlaps between the hazard mitigation and adaptation communities. Improve the understanding of information, policy, and technical assistance communities need to integrate climate adaptation and hazard mitigation efforts.
- · Foster connections. Find tangible ways to build new and strengthen existing connections between the hazard mitigation and adaptation professionals.
- · Integrate solutions. Encourage professionals to identify scientific, technical, policy, and operational solutions that incorporate hazard mitigation and adaptation into local planning efforts.
- · Inform policy. Educate and outreach to help facilitate design of local, state, and national decision makers integrate both hazard mitigation and climate adaptation into short- and long-term planning efforts.
- · Research specific examples
- · Host sessions at existing workshops
- · Host national workshop sessions
- · Write Papers/reports
- · Host webinars
- Please click here for climate change resources. NHMA climate change and climate adaptation webinars are available at the Publications -> Presentations link at the top of the page.
- Slides and a recording have been posted, and we plan to continue the conversation through future webinars. The webinar was also covered by ClimateWire.