Welcome to the Ambassador Curriculum
The Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Ambassador Curriculum is the creation of Resilient Neighbors Network (RNN) peers and others in the NHMA leadership who recognize the need for information, knowledge of best practices, and analytic tools to enable better-informed decisions about the many facets of DRR.
Curriculum development is underway with continued NHMA member expertise and contractor support made possible by the FEMA CTP Grant.
- Read the Overview: Overview of the Natural Hazard Mitigation Association and the Disaster Risk Reduction Ambassador Curriculum
- Become familiar with the course layout: DRR AMBASSADOR CURRICULUM AT-A-GLANCE
- Review “Building Your Roadmap” in one of the formats below:
- Building Your Roadmap to a Disaster Resilient Future (2017) in English or
- Building Your Roadmap to a Disaster Resilient Future (2017) 508 compliant English or
- Construya Su Ruta para un Futuro Resiliente ante Desastres en Espanol or
- Construya Su Ruta para un Futuro Resiliente ante Desastres 508 compliant
Ready to start? 3 Easy Steps
1) Complete each Learning Session in the order presented; an online quiz is available after completion.
- Harrisburg Learning Session #1, Modules 1 & 2
- Harrisburg Learning Session #2, Modules 5, 16, 8 & Evaluation/Discussion
- Harrisburg Learning Session #3,“Building Your Road Map to a Disaster Resilient Future (Optional)
- Harrisburg Learning Session #4 Modules 18, 19, 20 & Overall Feedback/Pathforward
Quiz available now for Modules: 1, 2, 5, 8, 16, 18, 19, & 20. (see quiz link below)
- Harrisburg Learning Modules 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, & 15 Coming soon.
- Harrisburg Learning Modules 3, 11, 13, 17, 21, 22, 23, and 24 are in development.
2) Complete the knowledge quiz and submit your results (Registration information available on the quiz page)
- Quiz for Modules: 1, 2, 5, 8, 16, 18, 19, & 20.
- Feedback (We welcome your feedback) Please send your comments and questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Receive your certificate of completion!
After successfully completing the Sessions and taking the online quiz, a quiz score of 70% or better will qualify you to receive a certificate of completion for Sessions 1-4.