From: Seibold, Tara <email@example.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 8:21:06 AM
Subject: BCA 6.0 release
Please share this email with any of your state, tribal, territorial and local hazard mitigation stakeholders!
We are pleased to announce that the new version of FEMA’s Benefit-Cost Analysis (BCA) Toolkit, Version 6.0, is now available to the public and may be used for project applications. Version 6.0 features an improved user experience and 80% reduction in data inputs compared to the previous version. Please also see the Release Notes for important information.
To utilize Version 6.0, open the attached Excel file (also available at this link) and install the Microsoft Excel Add-in by following the directions below:
- With Microsoft Excel open, go to the Insert tab, in the Add-ins section, click on My Add-ins.
- Select the Store option and search for FEMA Benefit-Cost Analysis Calculator. Click Add.
- You should now see the FEMA BCA V6.0 icon in the upper righthand ribbon bar.
- To launch the Toolkit, click on the FEMA BCA V6.0 button. A sidebar will open.
- Click Open Calculator to begin your BCA.
- The add-in window will open and take you to the Home screen. From here you can start a new project by clicking Add Project.
- To save your work, click “Finish” on the second screen, close the add-in window, and save the Excel file, renaming it if desired.
If users need additional assistance with installing the Excel Add-in for the Benefit Cost Analysis Calculator, Microsoft provides detailed step-by-step directions at the following link. If a user does not have Microsoft Excel installed, they can use Microsoft Excel online for free and will still be able to install the add-in.
Version 5.3 of the BCA toolkit can still be used but will no longer be updated or supported. We highly recommend the transition to the new version by the end of the year as version 5.3 will be phased out over the next several months.
For assistance installing or using the BCA Toolkit, please contact the BCA Helpline at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-540-6744. For more information about FEMA’s BCA program, see www.fema.gov/benefit-cost-analysis.
Get Outlook for iOS