Emergency Management Accreditation (EMAP)
Location : Savannah, GA
Hagerty Consulting, a professional services firm based in Evanston, IL and Washington, DC, provides management consulting services to public sector clients throughout the country. Our consultants are highly motivated self-starters and problem-solvers who value the chance to make a difference in the public sector arena. We are engaged currently in a number of challenging emergency management, disaster response, and recovery projects.
Hagerty Consulting is seeking a professional with Emergency Management Accreditation (EMAP) experience to join our Independent Consultant Cadre. Consultants will be paid a competitive hourly rate commensurate with experience.
The consultant will work with state or local government emergency management agencies to ensure compliance with EMAP standards in preparation for accreditation process. The EMAP process evaluates emergency management programs on compliance with requirements in 15 functional areas:
- Administrative and Financial Procedures
- Laws and Authorities
- Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment, and Consequence Analysis
- Hazard Mitigation
- Operational Planning
- Incident Management
- Resource Management and Logistics
- Mutual Aid
- Communications and Warning
- Operations and Procedures
- Exercises, Evaluation, and Corrective Actions
- Crisis Communications, Public Education and Information
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in state or local emergency management.
- Experience working in an activated Emergency Operations Center.
- Recent participation in an emergency operation, training, or exercise event.
- Knowledge of comprehensive emergency management principles.
- Certified Emergency Manager, a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to serve as team leader and a productive team player.
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
If interested, submit a cover letter and resume to our Executive HR Director via e-mail: email@example.com . Please include reference to Business Continuity in the subject line. No phone calls please!
More information about Hagerty Consulting can be found at www.hagertyconsulting.com