Eight great resources from FEMA Region III:
- Investing in Infrastructure: Rural Strategies for Building and Maintaining Healthy Local Economies. Mon. Aug. 16, 3-4pm. There will be a Peer-Learning Breakout Session from 4-4.45pm. https://aspeninst.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_oRZyZC_ISYaxiUlyDmi9Mw
- Upcoming EDA American Rescue Plan Webinars. https://eda.gov/ARPA/
- International Economic Development Council (IEDC) released ARPA Primer. https://www.iedconline.org/clientuploads/Downloads/2021/2021-07-24_EDA_101.pdf?_t=1627652582&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=730%20-%20IEDC%20Update&utm_content=730%20-%20IEDC%20Update+CID_b0792b46b5cc776f9f494130038ab0c6&utm_source=Campaign%20Monitor%20IEDC&utm_term=Download%20the%20primer%20here
- Consumer Finance Protection Board (CFPB) Help for Renters https://www.consumerfinance.gov/coronavirus/mortgage-and-housing-assistance/renter-protections/find-help-with-rent-and-utilities/?utm_source=vanity&utm_medium=outreach&utm_campaign=renthelp
- FEMA’s weekly bulletin: FEMA Bulletin Week of August 3, 2021 (govdelivery.com) – Of particular interest is the Mitigation and Planning Research webinar on Aug. 10, 1-2 p.m.
- National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) $268 million pilot program for Connecting Minority Communities: View Opportunity | GRANTS.GOV
- Information for an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) webinar this Thursday on sustainable financial management planning for water utilities: Water Finance Webinars and Forums | US EPA
- USDA Center for Faith Based and Neighborhood Partnerships meeting, Ensuring Healthy Food for All: Addressing Rural Food Insecurity, on Wednesday, Aug. 11, 2021 from 1:00-2:00 pm EDT. The program highlights best practices and stories of faith-based organizations and civic society partners as they address rural food insecurity through innovative partnerships with food hubs and churches/houses of worship. Additional attention will be paid to include the role of social capital, trust, and social networking, capacity building for underserved communities, and how to develop resilience in the food system. This event will be conducted virtually using Microsoft Teams. Click here to register! If you have any questions, please contact Alex Cordova at firstname.lastname@example.org.