Click here to view FEMA ADVISORY – 6-1-20 in PDF.
FEMA ADVISORY – June 1, 2020:
Coronavirus Pandemic: FEMA Administrator Letter to Emergency Managers
- COVID-19 to Nations EMs_letter 3_FINAL.pdf
Attached is FEMA Administrator Pete Gaynor’s June 1, 2020 letter to the Nation’s Emergency Managers, which highlights the approach to the three-month mark of our Nation’s response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic as the 2020 Atlantic hurricane season officially begins today.
In this letter, Administrator Gaynor addresses: the importance of all-hazards preparedness in a COVID-19 environment; the forecast for the 2020 Atlantic hurricane season; the release of the COVID-19 Pandemic Operational Guidance for the 2020 Hurricane Season; the release of the All-Hazards Preparedness in a Pandemic Exercise Starter Kit along with the recently released Exercise Starter Kit for Reconstituting Operations; as well as the use of Fiscal Year 2020 Emergency Management Performance Grant Program (EMPG) funds and Supplemental funds.
Administrator Gaynor’s guidance is a follow-on to his first two letters to emergency managers from March 27, 2020 and April 16, 2020.
The letter is available on the FEMA website, as well.
If you have any questions regarding this FEMA Advisory, please contact FEMA Office of External Affairs, Congressional and Intergovernmental Affairs Division:
- Congressional Affairs at (202) 646-4500 or at FEMA-Congressional-Affairs@fema.dhs.gov
- Intergovernmental Affairs at (202) 646-3444 or at FEMA-IGA@fema.dhs.gov
- Tribal Affairs at (202) 646-3444 or at FEMA-Tribal@fema.dhs.gov
- Private Sector Engagement at (202) 646-3444 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
To help people before, during and after disasters.