Click here to view Alliances for Climate Action Overview as a PDF.
Resilient Nation Partnership Network, Federal Emergency Management Agency and National Aeronautics and Space Administration Host Alliances for Climate Action Forum
By: Bradley Dean, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Resilient Nation Partnership Network (RNPN), the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) will co-host the 6th Annual Partnership Forum this October. To reserve your spot at this year’s event, please click here.
The virtual series will occur every Wednesday from 12 to 2 p.m. ET and will explore building “Alliances for Climate Action.” Attendees will have an opportunity to dive into various perspectives around this topic; engage with other industry peers; and identify future opportunities for collaboration.
The series will cover the following topics each week:
- October 6 – Our Future Vision
- October 13 – When Climate Moves Communities
- October 20 – Stories That Inspire
- October 27 – Financing Climate Action
Featured speakers include:
- Deanne Criswell – FEMA Administrator (invited)
- Sen. Bill Nelson – NASA Administrator
- Governor Charles D. Baker – 72nd Governor of Massachusetts
- Ko Barret – Vice-Chair Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and Deputy Assistant Administrator for Research, NOAA
- Christian Braneon – Co-Director, Environmental Justice and Climate Just Cities Network, The Earth Institute
- Jerome Foster II – Youth Activist and Executive Director/Founder, OneMillionOfUs
- Karen St. Germain – Division Director of the Earth Science Division, NASA
- Rhonda Haag – Chief Resilience Officer, Monroe County, Florida
- Elizabeth Lien – Senior Director, International Climate Finance, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Sarah Slaughter – CEO and President, Built Environment Coalition
For a full list of speakers please visit the “Alliances for Climate Action” registration page.
The 2020 Forum, “Alliances for Equity,” drew representation from more than 500 organizations across resilience, mitigation and equity. We hope to make an even greater impact in 2021!
The RNPN is a unique network of organizations and individuals united to help communities take action and become more resilient. Its mission is to inform, educate and motivate communities to protect themselves from the loss of life, property and prosperity caused by natural hazards. Learn more by visiting the RNPN website.
The Save the Date for the “Alliances for Climate Action” Virtual Forum Series.