Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Resources
* Emergency Information
* Safe Room Guidelines
* Resource Links
* Hurricane Preparedness, and more
What is the NHMA?
“The Natural Hazard Mitigation Association promotes reduction in the risks from foreseeable natural events through planning, climate adaptation, and mitigation, with a special emphasis on protecting the most vulnerable populations.”
The Natural Hazard Mitigation Association (NHMA) was founded in 2008 with the following goals:
- Ingrain hazard mitigation and sustainable resilience as a part of our communities’ culture.
- Develop effective mitigation and sustainable resilience programs that benefit the community as a whole.
- Create a forum for professionals and citizens working in hazard mitigation and sustainable resilience to share ideas and experiences.
- Elevate the societal, economic, and environmental value of hazard mitigation and sustainable resilience as a profession and as an ancillary to other professions.
- Serve as a trusted source of training and technical information to those working in the field.
- Function as a professional and respected voice for hazard mitigation managers.
- Achieve greater awareness of the social and environmental component of hazard mitigation and sustainable resiliency decisions.
Why and how to join the NHMA? Learn about the iGive opportunity!
Anyone interested in leveraging and advancing natural hazard mitigation at a professional level should consider joining the NHMA. Visit the Membership page now and learn how your normal shopping purchases can benefit NHMA.
Follow Us: FaceBook, YouTube, and Linked-in