A Message to Risk Management Directorate Staff/Colleagues/Partners
On behalf of Vince Brown, this email serves as a request for articles to include in the May RMD National News Flash, to be published on May 25, 2021.
As a reminder, due to growing interest in our monthly News Flash and a desire to share and repurpose content for external audiences, the News Flash is now subject to External Affairs concurrence.
Please provide any topics and program updates that you wish to share with the broader Risk Management audience, and please follow the guidelines below for article submission. Additionally, if you know of any upcoming events you wish to be highlighted, please include them. For example, we would love to feature RMD accomplishments, achievements, best practices, and lessons learned as they relate to National Building Safety Month, National Dam Safety Day or National Hurricane Preparedness Week (May 9-15).
For the News Flash, deadlines and requirements are as follows:
- Please submit articles and/or event information for the May News Flash no later than Wednesday May 12, 2021.
- Note that, due to a significant increase in monthly submissions, articles sent after the May 12th deadline may be added to next month’s queue.
- Articles can be submitted to Vincent Brown (Vincent.email@example.com) and copying Madison Ryon (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line May RMD News Flash_[Article Title]_[RMD or FIMA Branch].
- Please ensure your articles are 2-3 paragraphs in length, focused on key takeaways or “soundbites,” and contain all necessary links to additional content or resources as needed.
- Please include a creative title to capture the attention of readers.
- Please include the author’s name and email address.
- Please include a picture as a separate jpg/png and a brief caption with your article submission as needed. Please try and identify any people in the photo for the caption.
- Please ensure that all definable acronyms are spelled out at first use.
- Please be aware that due to the current number of articles the News Flash receives your article may be published in the next issue. If this happens, you will be notified by a member of the News Flash team.
To add, remove, or update email addresses or to receive communications related to the News Flash, including topic solicitation emails, please contact Vincent Brown (Vincent.email@example.com) copying Madison Ryon (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you are receiving this email, you are already on this distribution list.
To manage your e-mail subscription to the RMD National News Flash, including being added to the distribution list, please visit the GovDelivery site here.
– Vincent Brown
Vincent J. Brown
Senior Program Specialist | Data & Communications Branch
Risk Management Directorate | Federal Insurance & Mitigation Administration |Resilience
C: (202) 365-5338 | O: (202) 646-2725