Emergency Management Program Manager
Salary: $70,651.00 – $107,306.00 Annually
Location: Dauphin County, PA
Job Type: Civil Service Permanent Full-Time
Department: Emergency Management Agency
Job Number: CS-2023-44703-76201
Closing: 3/30/2023 11:59 PM Eastern
Job Code: 76201
Position Number: 50572881
Union: Non Union
Bargaining Unit: G3
Pay Group: ST09
Bureau/Division Code: 00311620
Bureau/Division: Mitigation Insurance and Resilient Communities Programs Office
Worksite Address: 1310 Elmerton Avenue
City: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Zip Code: 17110
Contact Name: Stacy Walter
Contact Phone: 717.346.3142
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA) is seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic and forward thinking individual to manage the delivery of the Commonwealth’s Floodplain Management National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). If you have demonstrated experience in this area, then PEMA has a tremendous opportunity for you.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This position is responsible for directing the Federal National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) within Pennsylvania as well as managing the Commonwealth’s Floodplain Management & Insurance Program (FPM&IP) under the Director, Emergency Management Hazard Mitigation, Insurance and Resilient Communities Office within the Recovery Deputate.
In this position you will determine and define new and current policies for the NFIP; provides technical assistance to municipalities for developing, updating, and implementing the flood protection plan for Pennsylvania as mandated in Pennsylvania Floodplain Management
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the Position Description.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment.
- Work hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday, with 30-minute lunch.
- Employee is subject to emergency duty within the Commonwealth Response Coordination Center.
- Free Secure On-Site parking.
- Telework: You may have the opportunity to work from home (telework) part-time, no more than two days per week, after comprehensive on-site training is completed. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- Two years of experience as an Emergency Management Specialist 2 (commonwealth title); OR
- Five years of professional experience in the development, coordination, or promotion of emergency-related programs such as disaster relief, public safety, and emergency management in government, industry, education, or the military; and a bachelor’s degree; OR
- An equivalent combination of experience and training that includes three years of professional experience in the development, coordination, or promotion of emergency-related programs such as disaster relief, public safety, and emergency management in government, industry, education, or the military.
Necessary Special Requirements:
- This position requires possession of an active motor vehicle license.
- All positions require certification in the following courses from the FEMA Emergency Management Institute:
- IS-100.C: Introduction to the Incident Command System
- IS-700.B: An Introduction to the National Incident Management System
- IS-800.D: National Response Framework, An Introduction
- IS-2200: Basic Emergency Operations Center Functions
- PA residency requirement is currently waived for this title.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Your application must be submitted by the posting closing date. Late applications and other required materials will not be accepted.
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
- Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. EXAMINATION INFORMATION
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.