- Emergency Information
- Flooding Maps
- Resource Links
What is the NHMA?
The Natural Hazard Mitigation Association (NHMA) was founded in 2008 to bring together individuals and organizations working in the field of hazard mitigation. The Natural Hazards Mitigation Association (NHMA) is a 501(c)3 organization of professionals involved in natural hazard mitigation. NHMA serves as a respected voice in hazard mitigation policy both in the United States and throughout the world. We represent the interests of communities, governments, the research community, the insurance industry, and the fields of engineering, emergency response, water resources, planning and many other mitigation related fields.
The NHMA was founded to:
- Create a forum for professionals working in hazard mitigation to share their ideas and experiences.
- Establish Hazard Mitigation as a profession in its own right.
- Serve as a source of training and technical information to those working in the field.
- Function as a professional and unified voice for hazard mitigation managers.
- Achieve greater awareness of the social component of hazard mitigation decisions.
- Develop effective mitigation programs which benefit a whole community.
- Ingrain Hazard Mitigation as an integral part of the culture of each community.
Why and how to join the NHMA? Learn about the iGive opportunity!
Anyone interested in leveraging and advancing natural hazard mitigation at a professional level should consider joining the NHMA. Visit the Membership page now and learn how your normal shopping purchases can benefit NHMA.
Follow Us: FaceBook, YouTube, and Linked-in